The Policy Shop

Unoccupied Property

Partners of The Policy Shop

Equity RedstarEquity Redstar
Protect your unoccupied property with insurance from The Policy Shop!

Unoccupied Property

If you own a property which has become unoccupied, you’re most likely aware of how expensive it can be to get unoccupied property insurance. Many insurers will not provide insurance cover for an unoccupied building, and therefore specialist products are required to ensure you get the maximum amount of cover at a realistic price. Unoccupied property insurance for empty homes and vacant property needn’t cost you the earth, and The Policy Shop is here to find you the right product at the right price.

Recent estimates suggest that fires, theft and malicious damage in empty premises causes losses in excess of £100m each year (The Fire Protection Association – FPA). Unoccupied property insurance is therefore an essential requirement if you own an empty building, and The Policy Shop is here to help you find the product that best suits your needs.

Why choose The Policy Shop for your unoccupied property insurance?

  • Choose from a number of unoccupied insurance policies to ensure you have the maximum level of protection
  • Our premiums are very competitive
  • Choice of cover on most plans to suit all needs and financial requirements
  • Expert UK telephone support
  • Specialist tailored insurance to suit your unoccupied property insurance needs

Find out more about our optional unoccupied home insurance extras:

The Policy Shop’s unoccupied home insurance extras are there to help you in difficult situations. Simply add any of these products to your policy when you buy your unoccupied home insurance.

Got a question about home insurance?
Visit our home insurance FAQ’s.

  • Call 0333 321 9487

Customer Services

0333 321 9488

9am - 6pm Monday to Friday

9am - 2pm Saturday


0333 321 9488

9am - 8pm Monday to Friday

9am - 5pm Saturday